Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Why the Student Center is the Best Center.

My favorite place on campus to visit is the Student Center located in the central of campus. During my first semester as a Jag, whenever I've not been in a class, you could've found me in the Student Center; either doing homework, socializing with friends, or grabbing some food from Chick-fil-A. The reason why I enjoy visiting the Student Center so much is mainly because of convenience. My schedule allows me to walk all over South's beautiful campus each and everyday, and since the Student Center is in the middle of campus, it is a convenient mid-way rest stop where I can sit and relax in a really cool atmosphere until it's time to walk to my next class. Student resources located in the Student Center include, but are not limited to: the Bookstore, the food court ( Chick-fil-A, Quizznos, Pizza Hut), the Mail Hub, SGA, JagProductions, the Ballroom (where most of the University's events happen), and Java City. In addition to all of that, on the lower floor of the Student Center, there is a lounge with numerous couches, tables, and outlets that allow students every resource they need to study or do homework (I feel like I should mention South provides free, high-speed Wi-Fi in most of their buildings for the students). Forgot your charger for you phone in your dorm? No worries. The Student Center has gone above and beyond and has provided charging stations with adapters available for any phone option. Obviously, the Student Center has much to offer, but if you're still not convinced, here is a link to a video tour:
http://www.southalabama.edu/departments/studentcenter/

The Student Center is my favorite place to visit on campus. Now it's your time to become a University of South Alabama Jaguar; find me next year and tell me what your favorite place to visit on campus is and why. GO JAGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment